Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Christmas Dinner Fiasco

By Dorene

Time to cook Christmas Dinner again
It’s hard work only once a year, AMEN!

Cook all the goodies and set the table
Get some rest when we are able
Dinner is done and the guests are late
I don’t understand… why I should wait?

So I grab a dish and pile on the food
I’m starving as I shovel it in
Just as I try to swallow it whole
Who should arrive?  Every single soul!

Here I sit, with food on my face
Not realizing it dripped on the floor
I take my plate, run to the sink…
And then I run to the door

There they are, from all over the globe!
I take their coats and glance in the mirror
I never got out of my robe! 
(I cried!)


Have a Merry Christmas, or However You Celebrate this Season... may it be Joyous, and Have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!












2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL Dorene so Fun! Wish you a Merry Christmas! Sophie

onesnevertooold said...

Funny! Did you still serve your guests?? HAHA!! Nice post and Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!!